Thursday 4 May 2023

A small personal milestone!

 I have been donating blood fairly regularly since I was about 18, starting when I was a student and the lure of free chocolate biscuits was the biggest appeal, and while I've had a few small gaps, i've managed to keep it up pretty well.  

And this week,I reached a personal milestone, giving my 75th donation.  Apparently,the average woman has about 9 pints of blood, so 75 is over 8 whole bodies worth. Just as well they don't try to take it all at once! 

Photo of a white woman, holding a full bag of blood
Me with my 75th pint

So, here I am, feeling quite pleased with myself, and looking forward to my free Club biscuit!

And, if you happen to be eligible do consider signing up to donate - here - (you can check if you are eligible here - who-can-give-blood )

No comments: