Sunday 21 September 2014

October In The Chair

While I was in Amsterdam, I saw 'October in the Chair' , by Old Sound Roomwhich was showing as part of the Amsterdam Fringe. 


(C) OldSoundRoom
The production is based on a number of Neil Gaiman's short stories, (mainly from 'Fragile Things') and is superb! 

I won't go into too much detail (Spoilers, Sweetie!) but will say that the small cast (five members) manage to portray a large and changing cast, with the help of quick (on stage) costume changes, props and puppets. 

I loved the imaginative introduction to the performance, and particularly enjoyed their interpretation of 'Firebird' - and over all, I felt that they captured the tone and atmosphere of Neil's stories.

The Fringe festival is over, now, but the show will be performed in New York at the end of October - well worth seeing, if you can make it!

No comments: