Saturday 7 August 2010

The Lions of Bath

Bath is full of Lions at present.

They are part of an art project and fund-raising effort. Two years ago, there was a similar project involving King Bladud's pigs , this year, we have Lions.

One of my favourites so far is "King of Fudge", who stands proudly above the ;'San Fransisco fudge Shop', near the Roman Baths,

I also like 'Robo Lion', who is behind a shop window and thus difficult to photograph, but who appears to have survived an encounter with the Borg...

There are 100 Lions altogether, in and around Bath. (I have a flickr set here , which I shall keep adding to - but I still have a long way to go to collect them all....) They are not all in Bath itself - I have found two in Bradford on Avon, one at the Farm Shop near Farrington Gurney, and I have heard that one went to stay with his cousns at Longleat.

I like them.

No comments: