Sunday 14 March 2010

The Flowers that bloom in the Spring (Tra La)

Yesterday was bright and sunshiny - in fact, for the first time this year it was warm and sunny enough that I was able to put my washing outside on the line. A small thing, but enough to show that Spring is on it's way.

I walked into town, where I found crocuses (Crocii??) blooming outside the library, and snowdrops in the park, as well as the beginnings of various buds on the trees and bushes, and some daffodils which are not quite out, but which will be in another day or two.

No primroses yet, but I'm sure there will be, soon.

I'm sure that this isn't 'it', that we will have more cold weather (even in the last few days, we've had frost) but this does feel as though winter is, finally, coming to an end.

And about time too!

Today also turned out to be bright and sunny - a bit chilly outside, but there are mornings when having an east-facing bedroom window, a book, a cup of coffee, and a cat is enough for happiness....

I also have a housemate for the next week or so - unexpected, but welcome. Tybalt, after all, is good company, but short on conversation!

7 comments:

LyleD4D said...

Blimey, housemate for a week?

Another author-in-residence?

Marjorie said...

What do you mean, 'another'?

Siri said...

Snowdrops.....ah....it almost smells of spring here, but there are still too many snow piles left to be completely warm.

I ordered daffodils which should come this week. I need the yellow. Thanks for the lovely shots.

I'm curious about the housemate, too....

spacedlaw said...

Was thinking about a drifting author also, last seen going to Bath...
Enjoy the company.

Crocuses have come and gone long since here in the south, despite the silly weather. We have daffodils shining their merry spring colours unto us.

LyleD4D said...

Didn't you have an author staying with you for a couple of weeks last year?

TFATDHQ said...

Spring - finally!!

FairiesNest said...

Any post that is titled after a song from the Mikado is fab in my book!