Wednesday 18 September 2013

New Look

Old Hair
So, I finally got around to getting my hair cut, mostly as it has reached the length where  I couldn't do much with it except have it in a plait or pony tail the whole time..

I did, of course, have my normal conversation with the salon when I booked the appointment:

Me: "Could you make it a double length appointment? My hair is *really* thick and always takes longer than normal to cut."
Salon Receptionist "Sure, that won't be a problem"

Later..

Stylist: "Wow, you have so much hair! It's really thick!"
New Hair
Me: "Yes, I know. I did mention it when I made the appointment, as it always takes a long time"
Receptionist in background, to next customer "I'm afraid [Stylist's name] is running late - it'll be another 20 minutes or so.."

To do them justice, I didn't get any sense that the stylist then tried to rush to finish off my cut, but I felt a little sorry for the customer waiting an extra half hour because they didn't believe me..

Of course, now I shall spend the next few days combing the back of my neck, and using 3 times as much shampoo as I need, but on the whole I'm happy with the new look.



No comments: