Saturday 29 September 2012

More Fun Stuff

Jeremy Hardy, who is one of my favourite I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue and The News Quiz regulars, is touring at present, and on Friday night he was in Melksham, which is about 5 miles from here, so of course I had to go and see him. I have seen him live before (in May and in November 2009) but not for a while.

It's a very chatty, self-deprecating show, with a lot of political content, but without ever becoming rant-y (be honest. When is the last time you heard a comedy routine which included discussion of (and definition of) 'Anarchic Syndicalism'?) and discussions around the many, many, failings of the Tories and the government, and whether or not Michael Gove is human..

The show also ranged over age, cats and dogs, the Olympics, the jubilee, Danes (well, Sandi Toksvig mostly) differences between men and women (relating to packing, mostly, according to Mr Hardy).

It was a very entertaining evening.

No comments: