Thursday 13 August 2009

A Long Week

This week seems to have been going on for a long time. And not in a good way.

Dentist appointments are never good of, like me, you have a deep-seated fear of dentists. I would call it a phobia, but I'm pretty sure those are irrational fears, and my fear of dentists is entirely rational. (You go there, they stick needles in your mouth and drill holes in you - it's surely irrational not to find them terrifying). Of course, my opinion is coloured by the unfortunate combination of having teeth made of something with the consitency of cheese, and a not-very-nice childhood dentist.

This time, however, was fine - check up, and no need for any work, and I don't need to go back for another 10 months. Which is a relief.

Add in an appointment with the Nurse for a pelvic exam and it all adds up to the perfect day...

It's also been hectic at work, it's holiday time, which is a busy time for me, and of course means staff are off, so there are fewer people to help out. All fun.

Hopefully this weekend will be refreshing - I'm due to go to visit my sister & her partner, and spend the weekend sailing. I do hope that the weather is good.

1 comment:

Dragonsally said...

great news about the dentist...and sailing! You have a great weekend coming up - enjoy