Saturday 27 December 2008

Christmas Cheer

Interrupting the sagas of Turkey to talk about the saga of tukey instead! Firstly, Happy Merry to everyone.







Tybalt and I are spending the holiday with my parents - it's thier first christmas in their new house, and the first time Tybalt has been there, so the first few hours were spent exploring, after which he decided where the best vantage point was...

My younger sister, and my brother are both here too - and elder sister (with partner) will arrive for New Year.

We had a fairly quiet christmas day - gifts with champagne, giant dead turkey, more gifts, vast amounts of choclolate, phne calls to all cousins, aunts and uncles, the Dr Who Christmas special and failed attempts to answer the questions in the King William's College Quiz


Boxing Day, we had a lazy moring (To recover from all that exhausting eating and present opening) then went for a walk at the seaside, which was lovely - bright sunshine, and enough wind to fly a kite (How fortunate that someone had had the forethought to find a tiny, pocket-sized Kite for my papa's christmas stocking...





And discovered my inner long-jumper




Then back home for more relaxation...

4 comments:

Dragonsally said...

We should get someone to photoshop a picture of Tybalt and Tysie together, considering how close their names are, and how much alike they look! Tys

Dragonsally said...

And did you avoid getting wet with that magnificent jump?

Marjorie said...

Tysie looks gorgeous! And yes, I did avoid wet feet, although the jump was much less spectacular in real life! (My mum, on the other hand, who had come prepared by wearing wellington boots DID get wet feet courtesy of an unexpectedly vigourous wave....

Dragonsally said...

Isn't that always the way with waves - and your mum's boot would have been full of water too!

Yes, I rather love my old girl Tys