Wednesday 21 April 2010

A Mixed Week

it's been a funny old week, so far.

I had a rather depressing day in court, with an opposing lawyer (who does not really seem to be fulfilling her obligation to actually advise her client, as opposed to simply parroting what they say) decided that a personal attack on me was the way to go. It's not the first time this particular individual has behaved like this and I'm seriously considering speaking to the senior partner at her firm about it, as it's very unprofessional, quite apart from the personal unpleasantness. It's also in direct contravention of the code of practice for Family lawyers. *Sigh*

Yesterday I called my best friend, J - I was mostly calling to commiserate with her, as I knew she was planning to go to Istanbul for a long weekend (to meet up with her partner, who has been there for the past 10 days, working) and I guessed that with the ash from the volcano she would be unable to go. I was right, but I also learned that she had heard earlier in the day thet her grandmother has died. And of course, with her partner in Istanbul and no clear idea of how soon he'll be able to get back. I wish I lived close enough to be able to do more than just telephone. Death is never easy, even when you know (as in this case) that someone is dying, I think it is always something of a shock.

In happier news;

My Papa achieved another birthday (although he wasn't in when I called him to wish him happy birthday, so it's just as well I was, for once, organised enough to pop a card in the post!)

One of my colleagues, who keeps chickens, gave me some eggs, as they have a surplus, so this evening I was able to have an absolutely delicious omelette, made wioth eggs that really taste of eggs

And this weekend I shall be going to London, to see the EvelynEvelyn show, but in addition, thanks to Eyjafjallajokull, will get a chance to meet up in person with Adri, who so far I only know online, and who is stuck in the UK at present...

2 comments:

rashbre said...

We were at the Koko show. Not exactly Evelyn Evelyn but brilliant anyway. I have a couple of short videos over at rashbre central:

Half of Evelyn on a plane...

http://rashbre2.blogspot.com/2010/04/have-you-seen-my-sister-evelyn.html

And the volcano song...
http://rashbre2.blogspot.com/2010/04/amanda-palmer-at-koko-volcanic.html

Slightly rare versions I suspect!

Marjorie said...

Looks fun, Rashbre. I saw some of it on the webcast...